Sunday, July 09, 2006

its a walk off

Yesterday I did nothing - well okay - not nothing. But it was pretty much a kid free day. I woke up, I tidied the house, I made the kids breakfast. I got them dressed. I put them in the car, we went and got a present for Jemma, whose house I took them to. Her parents offered me a cup of coffee. I said "no than
k you, you offered to watch the kids for 2 hours, are you mad, I'm outta here!" They laughed, even though my kids were the first to arrive at their daughter's birthday party. I drove outta there like the house was on fire (and my kids weren't in it) and picked Mitra up. We went to my house and made breakfast. Steve, Mitra and myself ate breakfast - at home without having to say - sit down, stop that, eat your food, put that back, knock it off, you kids are driving me insane!!!

I thought thats where it would end, but no. Steve decided to take the kids to his dad's for the day, so when the 12 o'clock party end time came around, he grabbed a change of clothes and left. So Mitra and I decided to go browse around at Rosebank, maybe go bowling or see the Da Vinci Code if it was playing. When we finally found parking at Rosebank, we went straight to the big theatre on the other side of the mall - past Benetton (w
hich has a 40% off sale on and was VERY hard to pass up) and discovered the movie wasn't on. So we walked all the way back - past Benetton to the smaller theatre, where it wasn't playing either. We browsed magazines and ended up at the Mugg & Bean for a cup of coffee. We spent a long time observing that we were doing nothing. We thought about maybe checking out other theatres. I said, isn't there like a phone number you can call? She says, do you mean "MovieFone"? Man, how can I get confused about services in the States that I have never used before? So I phoned Steve and asked if he could check the paper at his dad's place. He phoned back to say - no sign of movie listings. We walked past Benetton again to get to the Vodashop so Mitra could buy more airtime and past Benetton again to head back towards the car.

We went back to my house and ended up watching Zoolander and the boys came home shortly after - but all asleep. Mitra went home and I decided to blog a little. But, I had nothing to say really, so when Arrested Development came on tv, I was there like a shot. Then Steve turned on the soc
cer. And I'm not really so sure what happened, because at 11 o'clock I sat up on the couch and realised I'd slept through the whole thing. Bummer.

Its a bummer because usually, by 5 o'clock I have a fully formed blog in my head. Seriously, I have a whole story just trying so hard to push me towards the computer, forcing me to write. Okay, usually I do a little more
during the day than count the number of times I walk past Benetton, but its not like I write about social issues, politics, human rights abuses, etc. I think about half my blogs are about me getting lost, which kinda ties with 4 trips past Benetton. So when the 5 o'clock hour came and went and I had nothing, I was kinda thinking the soccer might hold some inspiration, but no such luck. So I went to bed - and I still have nothing to report, except for maybe the fact that the day before my nothing day, I spent a few hours learning photoshop and here is my first attempt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup Italy won and Zindine Zidane is set to become a cheat code in all future football games on PC/MAC/Playstation/x-box/etc

Regina said...

Well, not to worry. I have days where I do nothing all of the time, and I still have no idea how to manage Photoshop.